Wednesday, September 17, 2014

We have a scooter

Over the weekend, Nolan scooted/slithered his way across the floor.  I am not sure I am ready for him to be so big and grown up.  Heck, he will hardly keep himself up just sitting.  He started doing this on Friday at his sitter’s house. (thank goodness she does not tell me these milestones unless I ask her after I see him do something.)  I think it is easier for him to army crawl on her carpet because it is a modern day shag (freizae) so that he is able to dig in with his hands and toes to help pull himself along.  Ours is short carpet and harder for him to grab.  Also, he watches the other kids over at her house and, well, monkey see, monkey do! 


I guess this means we need to start baby proofing the house but putting those covers on all the electrical sockets.  I know it will not be long before he is fully crawling and getting into more and more things.  He already puts everything into his mouth.  He for some odd reason, has a fascination with my shoes.  More so, fascination with chewing on my shoes like a dog.   And with all of this moving and rolling, he is spitting up more.  We are seriously going to be in need of a carpet cleaning soon.  Those darn baby foods are impossible to get out of carpet and clothes.  I have to shout and zout all his stuff and make sure it came out before throwing something in the dryer.  Last night, I even rewashed stuff after re shouting and zouting to see if I could get the stains out.  Seriously, white anything for babies is difficult!

1 comment: