Thursday, October 30, 2014

8 Months old

My little man is getting so big!  This was the first time I had to rely on weighing myself, then  weighing myself plus Nolan to come up with his monthly weight.  He weighed in at 19 pounds 4 ounce.  Only up 3 ounces from 7 months old. I am blaming a week long bought of diahrrea and all his moving!  Because believe you me, he eats and eats.  I added protein to his diet.  He really enjoys his chicken and apples (basically I boiled chicken and cooked apples and pureed them in my food processor together.   I made my first batch of sweet potatoes and chicken, but he hasn’t eaten that combo yet due to the stomach bug and needing to firm up his poop, not losen it even more.
He is also eating the puff cereal.  It is so funny to watch him.  He uses both hands and gets very frustrated when the puff gets stuck on his arm and he can’t find it.  We added kiwi fruit to his diet and loves it.  J also fed him mashed potatoes from Culpeppers which he gobbled down (I prayed he didn't have a milk allergy because I am sure it was loaded with butter and milk.)




He started saying “Da Da” which is super cute…however, it would have been very nice if his first word would have been “Ma Ma”  (I know, I know, it is always Da Da, but a girl can dream.) He also loves blowing raspberries.  It is the funniest thing.  He is a wet mess of spit all over when he is done and I may be covered in flying drool as well!

Bath time is still a favorite.  He now tries to sit up and reach out of the tub, which mean Mommy will 
not let him do.  He still tugs and pulls on his penis while chewing on his wash cloth.  It really does not get old for me to watch him.  I tried taking the insert out of his tub for him to sit and play, but he likes laying back and he slides down without the insert.  Bath time is about 10 to 15 minutes every night.  The most upsetting thing for me is Nolan does not like to be held for his night bottle. It just breaks my heart.  He lets me hold him for about an ounce and then he wants to take the rest of his bottle laying on his back in his crib. 

We keep about 5-7 pacifiers in his crib at one time, so that he can roll over and always find one.  We are hoping that since getting the tubes in his ears we will start sleeping completely through the night.  He also loves his giraffe and soft swankie blankie (a small soft blanket) he rubs his face with them and sleeps with them up on his face as well.  He has finally taken an interest in his wub a nubs (we have a duck and a giraffe.)

Clothing wise, he wears a lot of body suits and leg warmers.  Grand C has gone overboard with leg warmers, I think he has like 30 pairs last I counted.  I prefer Carters onesies and Baby Gap clothes. They just seem to fit better than others.  I also like the Osh Kosh Genuine kids jeans.  When he wears jeans he looks like such a little boy…..not a baby. 


He still loves books and being read to.  He especially loves the “Noisy Farm”, “The Little Duck” and other puppet books.  I found a really cute one called “You are my Pumpkin Pie” which is what I call him, so of course I had to buy it.  He also finds Charlie hilarious.  He wants to pet or pull on his fur all the time.  Charlie does not find this as amusing as Nolan does. He laughs at his puppy dog and it is just the sweetest sound to my ears.  

1 comment: